Boost your immunity today!
Updated: Mar 24, 2020
In times like this, when an invisible virus becomes humanity’s worst enemy, taking care of ourselves and our loved ones is sometimes all we can do. It seems like the coronavirus will be here for a while to disrupt our daily lives, impose fear, and keep us awake through the night.
However, it has been proven that if you have a strong immune system, the chances of you developing severe or chronic symptoms is lowered. Eating whole plant-based foods, drinking plenty of water, exercising, sleeping well, and staying away from sweets are some things you should do to give a boost to your immunity.
Today, I would like to share with you a wonderful recipe that will help you fight off viruses such the coronavirus, the flu, or a simple cold. Ready? Here we go!
Turmeric Ginger Immune Booster Shot
If we are going to fight, let’s have the right armory! This immune booster shot is packed with Vitamin C. With everything from turmeric and ginger, to lemon and orange, to black pepper and honey.
Disclaimer: Please note that we are not medical professionals, and the information contained here should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult with a qualified healthcare professional before acting on any information presented here.
Okay, so what are the benefits of Turmeric Ginger Immune Booster Shot?
- It really helps to fight off colds and flus!
- The ingredients help boost your immune system in a natural way.
- Turmeric and Ginger are potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and support your immune health.
- Lemons contain a high amount of vitamin C.
- Honey soothes coughs and sore throats.
- And it is super easy to make!
How do I make this Turmeric Ginger Immune Booster Shot?
1. Use a juicer and juice the turmeric, ginger, lemon with peel, and orange.
2. Stir together honey, and turmeric (if in powder) until mixture is smooth.
3. Add the black pepper and drink!
Better if consumed within the first 2 hours after making it to take all the nutrients’ and vitamins’ benefits.
3 inches of turmeric or 1 tsp of turmeric in powder
2 inches of ginger
½ lemon (unpeeled)
½ orange (peeled)
½ tsp of honey
Dash of black pepper
Enjoy & be healthy!
Cristina Macena, is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, and the Urban Life Center Manager.