Did you know your diet can have a strong impact on your brain and its ability to function? You can enjoy greater brainpower with simple diet changes.
The right foods are important for both the mind and the body, so your diet matters.
Try these simple additions to your diet:
1. Dark leafy vegetables. Adding these vegetables can help your mind and your body at the same time.
· Vegetables such as kale and spinach are important for boosting brain power. They have vitamins and folate, so your brain benefits by having more protection for its cells. By adding a salad to your meal plans, you can help your brain.
2. Broccoli. Broccoli may not be a favorite, but it has powerful nutrients to help the mind.
· Broccoli has a large amount of vitamin K, which has been linked to helping boost your brain.
3. Nuts. Does your diet include almonds, peanuts, and other nuts?
· Add more cashews, walnuts, and other nuts to your diet to get more vitamin E. This vitamin helps keep the mind healthy and prevents decline in function.
4. Avocados. Avocadoes have multiple nutrients that can help the brain.
· Avocadoes have a great amount of vitamin E and other helpful fats that your brain needs to function.
5. Seeds. Sunflower seeds are an easy source of getting more vitamin E in your diet.
· Pumpkin seeds are another important ingredient for boosting brain power. They have high levels of zinc, which helps the memory. Zinc may also affect the thought processes in the brain.
6. Tomatoes. Tomatoes have lycopene, an important antioxidant, that can help protect your brain.
7. Berries. From strawberries to acai berries, your diet can benefit from the addition of more berries. They have antioxidants and vitamins that can help protect the brain. They also help memory through their nutritional power.
8. Whole grains. Although all grains can boost energy, whole grains are better for your mind because they release glucose slowly. This means your body takes more time to digest them and avoids sugar spikes. Your brain gets a steady amount of energy this way.
9. Sage. Sage extracts and oils are an easy way to boost your brain. The herb has compounds that prevent neurotransmitters from falling apart, so your memory and overall brain function is better. You can add sage to salads or other foods.
10. Beets. They’re a cheap way to get more brain power, and they can be prepared in multiple ways.
· Beets help the mind by increasing blood flow, so your cells can work better.
You can enhance your brain’s function with simple diet changes. By carefully evaluating your diet and making informed choices, you can boost your brainpower.
By the Urban Life Center team